FEAR…. A word that quickly steals our joy and removes any ounce of peace. It goes by many other titles; such as discontentment, comparison, anxiety and hate. Just negative thoughts that we entertain to make us fearful. A lie that the enemy will use to separate us from God and disturb our peace.
The most repeated command in scripture says “Do Not Fear”. Friends, it’s time to stop believing the lies. We must trust God and be free. You are enough! Right here, in this moment, there is no need to live in fear. Rely on the Lord and rest in His peace for you and your life. You have everything you need and all things happen in its exact time.
If you are ready to be fearless - I encourage you to follow these 5 steps to peace.
1. Live in Gratitude : Giving thanks reminds us of the positive things in life. Gratitude turns those bad things into good. Always reminding us what’s important, to thank others. Especially giving thanks to the One who blessed us with it. Being thankful always turns what we have into enough.
“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
2. Pray : Our Heavenly Father wants a relationship with you. Prayer is our way to communicate with God. Allowing us the opportunity to come to Him in adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication. Prayer is always available and keeps us humble before God.
“Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.” Colossians 4:2
3. Read God’s Word : The bible is the truth. It assists us in living a better life and living obedient to God’s will. Giving us encouragement, direction and helps us grow. It allows us to know God more as well as His son. We learn how to defend our faith and but also defend against the enemy.
“Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.” Matthew 24:35
4. Live In Community : God does not want us living an isolated life. Just as He wants us to have a relationship with Him, He wants you to have a relationship with others. Letting your light shine, having a servants heart, or sharing your story can help those in need. Reminding them of the love and goodness of Jesus.
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.” Hebrews 10:24-25
5. Give : The cure for greed is always to give. If you have more than enough, give some more away. Stop serving from a place of expectation.
“Freely you have received: freely give” Matthew 10:8
Start adding these steps into your daily routine and begin to enjoy the peace God gives you. If you would like to learn more or desire to strengthen your relationship with Christ, Contact Us! We would be honored to be your guide.
“And great shall be the peace of your children. In righteousness you shall be established; You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear…” Isaiah 54:13-14